Welcome!

I hope you enjoy reading this blog. I will never claim to be an expert on cheese making, goat milking or farming (everyday I learn something new). However, I have learned so much from others who have generously shared their experience in books and on the web and hope to use this blog to pass it on to folks considering goats. I am completely enchanted by these creatures and how they have enriched our life. The amount I have learned since we got our first two goats has been exponential. Now our herd of 21 Nigerian Dwarf Goats is a big part of our daily life and I can't imagine it any other way. This blog will chart the seasons of milking and cheese making as a record for myself and a resource to others who are looking for a window into what it is like to own these adorable mini dairy goats.
For more information about our farm, please look us up on: Our Farm Website
Or LIKE us on FACEBOOK and check often for creamery updates: http://www.facebook.com/sunflowerfarmcreamery

Friday, June 6, 2014

The Kids Gone Wild!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_2_-i_cohMM


44 kids born this year. 22 doelings and 22 bucklings. We are really going to miss them when they go to new homes at 8 weeks. It has been so much fun watching all the kids who visit them and enjoying their silly goat tricks! Our favorite thing (after snuggling) is to take the herd of little kids on a run! Enjoy the show!

1 comment:

We welcome comments, questions and ideas! The greatest part of small farming is how much we can all learn from each others experiences!